Python COM iterator

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Thu Apr 19 12:49:10 EDT 2007

Larry Bates wrote:
> Carsten Haese wrote:
[iterative acess to COM objects]
> I tested in VB and by golly it works!  What is odd is that this looks
> NOTHING like what we got from the docs earlier.  No GetEnumerator
> method, no MoveNext method.  I'm glad it works, but I'm a little
> puzzled as to why it works.

Presumably the magic of mark Hammond's wrapper classes providing
adaptation between Python iteration and COM enumerable collection
objects. win32all is *very* Pythonic.

Jim Hugunin, the author of IronPython (and of J[P]ython before that) has
commented that Microsoft users are frequently surprised by the small
amount of code required in IronPython to manipulate .NET objects.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119
Skype: holdenweb     http://del.icio.us/steve.holden