Portable SciPy v0.1 released

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri Apr 27 20:09:48 EDT 2007

| > On Apr 27, 6:17 pm, Stef Mientki <S.Mientki-nos... at mailbox.kun.nl>
| > wrote:
| >>Portable SciPy, is an easy installer of SciPy for M$ windows users.

Thanks Stef for posting this.  The write-up on your site looks pretty
clear.

| Beliavsky wrote:

| > If you have an announcement for Windows users, I suggest that you not
| > needlessly turn them off by abbreviating Microsoft as M$ . You don't
| > like Windows,

His linked web-page
http://oase.uci.kun.nl/~mientki/data_www/pic/jalcc/python/portable_scipy.html
starts "As a spoiled M$ windows user, I'm used to 'one-button'
installations...".
And so he made one and explains how.  Methinks you doth project too much.

|> but many of us Windows users don't like the anti-Windows
| > snobs. There is nothing wrong with making money by selling software.

He did not there was.

"James Stroud" <jstroud at mbi.ucla.edu> wrote in message
news:f0u0qi$dcb$1 at zinnia.noc.ucla.edu...

| | Yes, dollar signs are very derogatory. Please do not use them in the
| future, either as prefixes to variables, or especially as suffixes to
| abbreviations. This is a *python* list for crying out loud!

Heh, heh.  (This is almost certainly satire, for those who don't notice.)

tjr