Learning Python - First Project

KDawg44 KDawg44 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 10:52:22 EDT 2007

Hi,

I am new to Python and am trying to write a little front end to
another application in Python.

What I want is to have a gui pop up listing some items with several
buttons.  The guts of the program I am not having any trouble with but
the GUI part I am (or more accurately, the transition between GUI
pieces).

The first GUI that pops up lists some groups in a listbox and gives
the user the choice to create a new group, open a group, rename the
group, or delete the group.  The new group and rename group buttons
pop up a dialog gui asking for the name/new name.  The Open Group is
to open another GUI listing projects within that group in a list with
similar options (New Project, Open Project, Rename Project, Delete
Project).

My question is, how should I create all these GUIs?  Should each GUI
be its own class with its own __init__?  Then is the first GUI the
root (how I have it set up now) and all other GUIs using Toplevel()?

I hope this makes sense (because it only sort of makes sense in my
head).

THanks for any suggestions.