I have a chance to do somting diffrent way not Python ?!

anders anders.u.persson at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 12:27:03 EDT 2007

Hi!
On my work we have a lot off diffrent server to make software for
diffrent os
from Windows, OS/X to Linux Solaris

Everyting is scripted with shell, but Windows  has batchfiles witch is
very
limited, compared to cshell etc.

So my boss has told me that it okej if i want to make somting better
och smooter,
for the windows machine.

First i looked a Ruby but didn't like it to interacting with the os,
nothinh wrong
but my eyes moved to Python becurse syntax is clean and every server
(not windows) has Python as base installed, and in the future i could
then move
the script to run on all servers.

So basicly i like advice about interac with os, compiler etc.
Nice webblinks to read more
and do/don't things.

best regards
Anders