matplotlib basic question

Pete Forman pete.forman at westerngeco.com
Fri Apr 20 12:36:08 EDT 2007

orangeDinosaur <trevis.crane at gmail.com> writes:

 > [...] But now, the figure window is completely unresponsive -- I
 > can't even close it without getting the "your program is not
 > repsonding" business.  What am I missing?  This behavior so far
 > seems pretty unintuitive.

The best way out of this is to use IPython.  It also needs a backend
which remains responsive, WxAgg works but Tk did not last time I
tried.  IPython 0.8.1 is a release candidate which fixes some Windows
issues in 0.8.0.  If you want a stable package that has all the parts
present out of the box then look at Enthought.
--
Pete Forman                -./\.-  Disclaimer: This post is originated
WesternGeco                  -./\.-   by myself and does not represent