Why NOT only one class per file?

John Nagle nagle at animats.com
Thu Apr 5 20:55:38 EDT 2007

Bruno Desthuilliers wrote:
> John Nagle a écrit :
>
>> Nate Finch wrote:

> Having source code as text files may not be such a bad thing. Diffing,
> grepping and versioning binary files is not that easy...

    There are tools for that sort of thing, although they're not well
known in the open source world.  Check out "http://www.alienbrain.com"
and view the demo.  Alienbrain is used for configuration management on
major game development projects, where there are dozens of different
types of "assets", from code to motion capture data to images to audio
to video to 3D geometry.  All the stuff programmers expect, like build
management, version control, history, and differencing, are all there.
But they're not limited to text files.

    I'm not suggesting this for Python, but it's interesting to consider
that perhaps web development needs tools more like this.

					John Nagle