http pipelining

swq22 at yahoo.com swq22 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 27 15:41:16 EDT 2007

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 13:50:21 -0400, Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com>
wrote:

>swq22 at yahoo.com wrote:
>> Which python module is capable of  pipelining http requests?
>>
>> (I know httplib can send mulitple requests per tcp connection, but in
>> a strictly serial way. )
>>

>There's nothing in the standard library, I believe, that includes both
>client and server functionality in the same module. So you would need to
>glue them together.
>
>If you want a simple net proxy server I seem to remember the chameleon
>system allows you to write one in about twelve lines. If it has to be
>HTTP-specific, with header parsing and the like, you might want to think
>about Twisted, which supports both client and server functionality and
>tries to make it easy to plumb things together in pipelines.

Sorry for my confused question.

What I'm looking for is to emulate what a modern HTTP 1.1 browser like
Firefox does(when network.http.pipelining is enabled)

1.Open TCP connetion.

send multiple requests without waiting for a reply:

2.GET /url1
3.GET /url2
4.GET /url3
5.read 1st reply
6.read 2st reply
7.read 3st reply

8.Close TCP connection.

I'll be using Apache or IIS as my web server.