How to tell when a file is opened

Adam adamgarstang at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 7 11:41:26 EDT 2007

Hello,

I want to know if it possible to tell when a file is opened. However I
don't want it to be the last access time. I want to know how many
times a file opened so I can generate statistics of file usage.

I will be wanting to watch all files on a server so this will be on
quite a large scale. So checking a directory on a loop for accesses
won't work.

Maybe some way to monitor the Open Files section of Computer
Management?

I check through Tim Golden's site but nothing jumped out at me.
Any pointers would be great.

Thanks,
Adam