Numeric compiling problem under QNX 4.25

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 13:51:23 EDT 2007

ZMY wrote:

> Is "ld" part of make command? I am not familiar with compiling with
> make in general.

No, it's the linker. I takes the object files (.o) which are generated by the
compiler (cc, I imagine) and links them together into the shared library (.so).
make is a program that can automate builds given instructions, but Numeric
doesn't use it, nor do most other Python packages.

> Most other extensions (including math, os, struct, cPickle) from
> Python 2.2 works when I install python on QNX.

No, I was wondering if you could build any other third-party extension modules.
Did you install Python from source? When building extension modules, Python uses
whatever linker was used to build itself.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco