Program runs in all directories, except one..

Carsten Haese carsten at uniqsys.com
Sat Apr 28 10:41:14 EDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-04-28 at 13:50 +0200, Theo v. Werkhoven wrote:
> Goodday,
>
> Something strange going on here.
> A piece of code I wrote bombs out in one of de directories under $HOME,
> but not in others.

This usually means that the directory where your script doesn't work
contains some .py file that has the same name as a standard library
module that you need. Since the only import in your code snippet is
"from array import array", and calling array() raises the exception that
a list object is not callable, I am guessing that the culprit is a file
named array.py that defines a list called array. Rename that file.

-Carsten