Creating an EXE for XLRD + WIN32COM + wxWidgets application - Help request

BrendanC brencam at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 18:43:36 EDT 2007

I've started learninhg Python and have developed a small Python app
that imports Excel data into an Access mdb/jet database. This
application has dependencies on the following:

XLRD - http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/xlrd/0.5.2  -  (to read Excel
files)
Python windows extensions - http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/win32/
- to use ADO
wxPython GUI toolkit - http://www.wxpython.org/ - for the GUI
interface

Ideally I'd like to create a standalone app that I can deliver to a
client who can will run this on a Windows system that has Access
installed. (Python will not be installed on this system).

I'm planning to use P2YEXE for the build - however I'm not sure if it
is possible to include all the required components for this in a
package. I imagine there may be a few 'gotchas' with this.

Any suggestions on how to do this and are there some additional issues
I might run into?

Thx in advance

BrendanC