subprocess "handle is invalid" error

Erik Johnson nobody at invalid.com
Wed Apr 18 12:20:20 EDT 2007

"Grant Edwards" <grante at visi.com> wrote in message
news:132cdrpqsmnvpa7 at corp.supernews.com...

<snip stuff about gnu-plot and py2exe problems>
> How does one troubleshoot errors that happen three layers deep
> in the subprocess module?

    I think the problem is more likely in how your py2exe is getting
bundled, rather than any real problem with the subprocess module. I have
been on the py2exe email list but not really paying much attention... If I
recall correctly, there are some special considerations when using gnuplot
with py2exe?  I would suggest digging through the py2exe email archives to
see if you can locate emails on that subject (one copy of which I believe
can be found at:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_name=py2exe-users), and
if that doesn't work, to direct your question to the py2exe users list at:
py2exe-users at lists.sourceforge.net

(I believe the current home page of the py2exe project is at:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/py2exe/)

Hope that helps,
-ej