use urllib library to have an upload status bar

shirish shirishag75 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 11:43:33 EDT 2007

Hi all,
     Before I start, please know that I'm no developer, just a user.
This is also a cross-post as I have tried to post the same at python-
bugs mailing list, just don't know if it gets in or not.

 We have a bug-reporting system in ubuntu called apport. Apparently
apport uses a python library called urllib. As of now, apport does a
bouncing bar while uploading which doesn't give the user idea as to
how much is being uploaded. Refer https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apport/+bug/91521
. I did try to see if this issue has been addressed or not but came
nowhere. It would be nice to know if there are some solutions, or is
there a roadmap where this feature would be integrated in the library.
Looking forward to suggestions, additions, flames & constructive
criticism of the same. Keep up the good work. Cheers!