Crypto Suggestion/Help

Jimmy E Touma jimmyetouma at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 8 23:18:15 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I need some advise on doing the following. I have a Linux application
that allows users to access it via a code (password). At the end of the
day, I gather a log of activities of the users and zip the file and
would like to encrypt it so that the users can not access it or tamper
with it. Only manager should. If I use a private/public key for doing so
I have to store the private key on my computer. What is a good way to
encrypt a file and have the key well hidden on the same computer? If you
have any other way to do, like MD5 or similar, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jimmy