Do other Python GUI toolkits require this?

Antoon Pardon apardon at forel.vub.ac.be
Fri Apr 20 09:22:22 EDT 2007

On 2007-04-20, Diez B. Roggisch <deets at nospam.web.de> wrote:
>> So if you have the choice between a steep or a shalow income curve
>> you will prefer the shalow curve because a steep curve makes you
>> think about verticale clifs and such?
>>
>> The analogy with a walk is just silly because curves are not like walks.
>> Nobody will say something like: I won't invest in that company because
>> it has a steep profit curve or the reverse: I'll invest in this company
>> because it has an easy looking downhill going profit curve.
>
> Your whole argumentation bases on the fact that the result of the
> learning process, and the success of it, has something to do with the
> reached height - or y-axis-value - of your climb.
>
> Which is nonsense. The goal is to go from A - ignorance - to B -
> knowledge - which both lie on the X-Axis.

Well if you want to do it that way, nobody can stop you, but people
in the habit of processing numbers usually put the time on the X-axis
like in time spend learning or exercising and put the other value
on the Y-axis.

That is because people prefer a curve going up and down while moving
to the right instead of going left and right while moving up.

--
Antoon Pardon