Do other Python GUI toolkits require this?

Jan Danielsson jan.m.danielsson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 04:41:43 EDT 2007

Antoon Pardon wrote:
>> a) In English, "learning curve" is not restricted to a mathematical
>> plot--Webster's also defines it as "the course of progress made in
>> learning something".  In that context, adding the adjective steep
>> ("extremely or excessively high...STEEP implies such sharpness of
>> pitch that ascent or descent is very difficult") makes sense.
>
> How much sense does it really make? Suppose we would talk about
> an income curve. Would you not prefer a steep curve over a shalow
> one? What about a productivity curve? It is all about the progress
> made in something.

   I don't think I have seen "steep learning curve" used in that sense
prior to reading your post. I have seen it being used as "what a steep
cliff to climb!" (i.e. would would have been much easier with a
"flatter" one). OTOH, I just went to an (Am.) English school my first
school year, and language is not one of my fields of interest. So I'll
just shut up and go away.

--
Kind regards,
Jan Danielsson