Python editor/IDE on Linux?

Jarek Zgoda jzgoda at o2.usun.pl
Fri Apr 13 16:52:57 EDT 2007

Jack napisał(a):

>> pida because it embeds the 'vim' editor which I love and adds useful
>> features without really getting in my way. And it's the only IDE I found
>> that supports bazaar-ng (bzr) repositories.
>
> pida screenshots look neat. It's not in xubuntu's repository though. Not
> even in universe.
> I installed from the source. When running it, I get an error "Service not
> found. Tried to
> access non-existing service filemanager"

I wouldn't recommend PIDA to nobody except real hardcore Vim lovers. If
you don't mint occasional crashes, then PIDA might be for you, but don't
expect increased productivity, as this is an alpha-quality software and
most of expected functionality simply doesn't work as expected.

This is an ongoing project and they (community, testers, developers)
strive to make it better, but this is a completely "spare-time" project
AFAIK. Download it, install it, try to use it, report bugs and
omissions, help them make this software better. We would all profit. :)

--
Jarek Zgoda
http://jpa.berlios.de/