ulimit on open sockets ?

Maxim Veksler hq4ever at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 16:11:05 EDT 2007

On 4/10/07, Bjoern Schliessmann
<usenet-mail-0306.20.chr0n0ss at spamgourmet.com> wrote:
> Maxim Veksler wrote:
>
> > I've written this code, the general idea was to listen on all
> > 65535 port of tcp for connection.
>
> Please excuse the question: Why would anyone want to do such a manic
> thing (instead of, e. g., using raw sockets)?

That's OK :)

Well first because I can. Now to be a bit more serious, because I do
stress testing on the system, because that's a handy utility to have
(a "port catcher" to see how you application handles with that),
because at the time I didn't knew about RAW sockets, because I want to
do TCP connections from one side of the firewall to the other and
implementing the TCP stacks by my self (If I choose to go the raw
socket way) is something I wouldn't like to do (at least for now).
More...

> Regards,
>

> Björn

Maxim.

> --
> BOFH excuse #326:
>
> We need a licensed electrician to replace the light bulbs in the
> computer room.
>
> --

Cheers,
Maxim Veksler