File not read to end

Facundo Batista facundo at taniquetil.com.ar
Thu Apr 26 08:48:31 EDT 2007

andrew.jefferies at gmail.com wrote:

> I've attached the whole script. Thanks again for your help.
>
> --Andrew

Andrew, tip:

If you attach the whole script, what you get is that a lot of people
goes away from the thread. Me for example. I won't read 100 lines of
code to see where is the problem, and then try to solve.

The best way to handle this, and effectively getting more help from the
community, is start to trim your code. So, you take those 20 lines away,
and the problem persist. You cut off another 15, and the problem
persist.

After ten minutes of work, you get a 15 lines code, which still shows
your problem. You send that to the community, and surely you'll get more
help.

As a fantastic side effect of that process, normally you actually *find*
the problem by yourself, which is always better, :)

Regards,

--
.   Facundo
.