Converting _node* to a Code object?

Brendon Costa brendon at christian.net
Sun Apr 1 08:29:28 EDT 2007

Gabriel Genellina wrote:
> En Sun, 01 Apr 2007 01:35:59 -0300, Brendon Costa <brendon at christian.net>
> escribió:
>
>> How do i convert a _node* object returned from:
>> PyParser_SimpleParseStringFlagsFilename()
>>
>> into a code object i can use as a module to import with:
>> PyImport_ExecCodeModule()
>
> Using PyNode_Compile. But why don't you use Py_CompileXXX instead?
> And look into import.c, maybe there is something handy.

Thanks for the pointer. I am not using Py_CompileXXX because i could
only find Py_CompileString... i could not find a file version of it
(Which i thought should exist).

My original email though i copied and pasted the wrong function into.
Instead of:
PyParser_SimpleParseStringFlagsFilename()

i meant to use:
PyParser_SimpleParseFileFlags()

Basically i will open a FILE* for the file requested, parse it and load
it into the module. Using this method i don't have to load its contents
first into a string to be compiled, but just get the python library to
parse directly from the file.

It all seems to work fine now. Thanks for the help.
Brendon.