Get Shift + TAB in ncurses.

Thomas Bellman bellman at lysator.liu.se
Thu Apr 12 03:21:51 EDT 2007

andmarti at gmail.com wrote:

> Anyone can help me getting the shift + tab key combination ?
> I tried with getch () but with no success.
> May be using the sys.stdin ??

It's generally not possible.  Most terminals I have used send the
same character (ASCII code 9) when you press Shift-Tab as when
you press Tab.  You can't differentiate between Ctrl-X and
Shift-Ctrl-X either, or between Tab and Ctrl-I.

Your specific terminal may be sending some other character
sequence when you press Shift-Tab (my Xterm sends ESC [ Z by
default), or you may be able to program it to do so, but that
will only apply to your terminal, not to anyone else's.

--
Thomas Bellman,   Lysator Computer Club,   Linköping University,  Sweden
"Don't tell me I'm burning the candle at both ! bellman @ lysator.liu.se