proposed PEP: iterator splicing

Anton Vredegoor anton.vredegoor at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 12:14:04 EDT 2007

Kay Schluehr wrote:

> Maybe you should start by developing a design pattern first and
> publish it in the Cookbook. I have the fuzzy impression that the idea
> you are after, requires more powerfull control structures such as
> delimited continuations that are beyond ths scope of Pythons simple
> coroutines.

I was reacting to a request for thoughts. I firmly believe that there
should be a relatively unrestricted brainstorming phase before one tries
to implement things. I have often noticed a lot of counterproductive
bickering about use cases and implementations on the developers list,
but luckily not so much here. There is something like premature
optimizations with respect to creative processes too!

A.