EuroPython vs PyconUK

Michele Simionato michele.simionato at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 00:36:28 EDT 2007

On Apr 26, 6:34 pm, EuGeNe Van den Bulke
<eugene.vandenbu... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I do realize that the UK is not really part of Europe (no polemic :P)
> but I am nevertheless curious about the logic behind creating another
> major Python event in Europe. Wasn't EuroPython enough?
>
> Like many I am sure, I probably won't be able to attend both (and I
> really enjoyed the Geneva experience so definitely want to renew "it").
> How would you go about selecting which conference to attend?
>
> They are only 2 months apart, 6 would have been easier for the
> attendees! Could the organizers liaise one way or another to make
> Pythoneers life as easy and fun as the language and give as much
> information out as possible as early as possible (early bird early) for
> people to make the best decision?
>
> I know marketing matters but ...
>
> EuGeNe --http://www.3kwa.com

I don't see the problem. In my view EuroPython is the big event in
Europe. If you can
go to only one conference and you have the possibility to travel to
Vilnius, then go to EuroPython.
The national conferences are of interest primarily for people of that
national (of course, not
exclusively). I would be happy with a conference for any nationality.
Each nation will have
its national speakers. EuroPython will have all Europe to chose
speakers from.
BTW, this year I will go both to PyCon It and EuroPython, last year I
went both to
PyUK and EuroPython. The more, the better ;)

    Michele Simionato