what python technology for my app?

Robert Rawlins - Think Blue robert.rawlins at thinkbluemedia.co.uk
Fri Apr 27 07:38:57 EDT 2007

Just thought I'd make a little suggestion about this, I don’t know how
strict you want to be with the web development side of things, but I'm a web
developer by trade and have recently started using python for my non-web
type applications.

If you're looking for a web based server side solution, then you can't go
wrong with Adobe ColdFusion. Its and incredibly powerful and scalable
development platform and yet supports a simple tag based language which
makes life very easy when getting started, and yet will support much more
complex OOP methodology with a whole myriad of frameworks, orm's and object
factories.

For a quick 'run down' of its features take a look at the simple tutorials
on the adobe site, they'll demonstrate how easy it is to achieve even quite
complex tasks like PDF creation, animated statistical charts an all sorts.
As CF is a JAVA based technology you get the power of J2EE platform and its
perfectly multi platform playing nicely with linux, unix, sun, windows or
whatever server environment you wish to run it on.

Just my two pence, I'm a big CF fan so my opinions are no doubt bias, but
might be worth you taking a look.

http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/coldfusion/

Pay attention to the 'ColdFusion Demos' at the bottom right of the main
column.

Rob