Why NOT only one class per file?

Bruno Desthuilliers bruno.42.desthuilliers at wtf.websiteburo.oops.com
Thu Apr 5 10:48:08 EDT 2007

Nate Finch a écrit :
> So, here's a view from a guy who's not a python nut and has a long
> history of professional programming in other languages (C++, C, C#,
> Java)
 >
> I think you're all going about this the wrong way.  There's no reason
> to *always* have one class per file.  However, there's also no reason
> to have 1600 lines of code and 50 classes in one file either.

Nope. What matters is to have
- logical grouping of code units (high cohesion)
- manageable files (not too much files, not too large files - of course
the balance depends on the project as well).

There are quite a few professional programmers here with experience on
medium to large to huge projects with different languages, you know.