Authenticating clients and servers

Goldfish gregturn at mindspring.com
Mon Apr 16 12:27:52 EDT 2007

On Apr 15, 2:40 pm, Chaz Ginger <cginbos... at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Thomas Krüger wrote:
> > Chaz Ginger schrieb:
> >> I am writing a distributed server system using Python. I need to support
> >> authentication and was wondering what approaches are available under
> >> Python and what are the best practices.

Spring Python has a section concerning Application Security you may be
interested in. (http://springpython.python-hosting.com/wiki/
ApplicationSecurity). This offers the ability to authenticate users,
but also manage what functions they can execute based on granted roles
through aspect oriented programming.

Right now, the current release supports flat-file user systems, but
the next release will also include database user stores. There are
future plans to integrate with other user stores like LDAP and so
forth.