favourite IDE

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Fri Apr 13 08:58:19 EDT 2007

azrael wrote:
> Some time ago I posted a question about the favourite IDE. I finally
> found it. WING IDE i the best I've ever seen for python. Code
> completition is amazing, automated help, python comand line. evrything
> i need. Who didnt try, doesnt know what he is missing.
>
> just one word: Amazing
>
> respect to the developers

While I too am a (very happy) Wing user I feel I should remind everyone
that "best" here is a misleading term for two reasons:

1. Evaluations like this are notoriously subjective, and

2. Any IDE has many dimensions, so they can't be laid out on a linear
path between "worst" and "best".

Having said this, I *am* looking forward to using the new features in
3.0 for debugging threaded code. That sounds like a major step forward.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119
Skype: holdenweb     http://del.icio.us/steve.holden