Can't Get Email Interface Working

Tim Williams tim at tdw.net
Sat Apr 7 12:53:28 EDT 2007

On 07/04/07, Eric Price <soyouthinkimgonnalikethis at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Good grief! And they call a 722-line program "simple"?! LOL!
> I did what I need to do with a __one_line_shell_script__ LOL!
> Naw, if I have to go through all that, I'll skip on python this time around,
> thank you very much!
> Eric

Yup, its not so simple

Your problem is :

 File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/mimetools.py", line 130, in choose_boundary
   hostid = socket.gethostbyname(socket.gethostname())
socket.gaierror: (8, 'hostname nor servname provided, or not known')

What do you get if you do the following in your interpreter?

>>> import socket
>>> socket.gethostname()
'twilliams'
>>> socket.gethostbyname(socket.gethostname())
'194.129.107.254'