Getting started with python

Paddy paddy3118 at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 14 23:38:22 EDT 2007

On Apr 15, 1:46 am, "Eric" <erichapk... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, after reading some of the book Programming Python it seems that
> python is something I would like to delve deeper into. The only thing
> is, I have no idea what I should try and write. So I was hoping that
> someone here could help point me to a group/project that would be a
> good starting place for a person with limited python knowledge, but
> that is willing to learn whatever is necessary. I'm hoping that with a
> goal I can start to learn python instead of just playing around with
> it. Thanks.

Hi Eric, Somas1.
Try:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?source=ig&hl=en&q=beginners+programming-problems&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Some of the sites have beginners problems meant for
another language, but in a lot of cases that doesn't
matter.

You might need to be a fair way through the Python
tutorial though before you attempt thhem so you
know the basics of Python first.

On a different tack, from:
http://tickletux.wordpress.com/2007/01/24/using-fizzbuzz-to-find-developers-who-grok-coding/
It seems you need to learn how to write a Fizz-Buzz
program to get a job now-a-days :-)

- Paddy.