logging SMTPHandler and Authentication

james.p.news at gmail.com james.p.news at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 20:08:34 EDT 2007

I'm new to Python, but I've been thrown into coding a pretty
complicated regression testing script.  I need to email the log of the
daily test to the code owners.  I thought I could use SMTPHandler for
this, but our email system requires authentication.  I have not been
able to figure out how to log in using SMTPHandler.  I found the
following post on comp.lang.python:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_frm/thread/ef873c79157b8624/cdb67687e507c974?lnk=gst&q=SMTPHandler+authentication&rnum=1#cdb67687e507c974

However, I haven't been able to translate this to anything I can use.
I've also looked at the source code for the SMTPHandler, but I don't
want to edit that.

Has anyone else dealt with this?

Thanks much,
James