Styled Output

Robert Rawlins - Think Blue robert.rawlins at thinkbluemedia.co.uk
Sat Apr 21 04:21:17 EDT 2007

Chaps,

Hope you're all having a good weekend, I'm sure it'll only be the more 'hard
core' of you reading this, anyone with any sanity would be out in the
sunshine right now.

I'm running a program of mine from Linux bash script and it currently
outputs status messages to the command prompt, but they all look a little
boring to say the least, it'll be like this.

Application Started

Sucess

Application Configured

Failed

Retry

Application Configured

Success

What I'd ideally like to do it give it a little bit of format, so it perhaps
looks something like this.

Application Started
[Success]

Application Configured
[Success]

And perhaps have the word 'success' in green, or red for 'failed' and things
like that, just to make it a little more presentable to the user.

Any ideas on the best way to achieve this?

Thanks,

Rob