Would You Write Python Articles or Screencasts for Money?

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Wed Apr 25 10:30:33 EDT 2007

Anton Vredegoor wrote:
> Antoon Pardon wrote:

>>> Sure, any democratic process can be derailed by a coordinated effort of
>>> people with a different mentality. To prevent such things by killing the
>>> democratic process oneself right at the beginning of a project is a
>>> peculiar way of avoiding this risk.
>> As far as I understood the idea was to reward excellence. The process
>> to achieve this can be democratic, but in that case it is just a means
>> to an end. The democratic process was not an end itself.
>
> Yes, but this sub thread was about avoiding a suspicion of a conflict of
> interests. If this suspicion is to be avoided by just openly promoting
> the interests of the members of the PSF that is one hell of a way of
> solving the problem.

Perhaps you misunderstood. The quote you were reacting to said """...
for restricting the *voting* community to PSF members""" (emphasisi
added here).

In other words, the PSF members get to decide who wins awards, while
themselves being ineligible. Does this make a difference?

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119
Skype: holdenweb     http://del.icio.us/steve.holden