How can I kill a running thread when exiting from __main__

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Tue Apr 3 13:50:18 EDT 2007

skip at pobox.com wrote:
>     Steve> The only way to do this is to have the thread regularly examine a
>     Steve> "please quit" flag that is set from the main thread when
>     Steve> termination is required.
>
> I thought the process would terminate when only daemon threads were left.
>
> Skip

So it does - according to the documentation. In which case why is the OP
asking the question, since his code sets the queuethread daemonic before
starting it?

Maybe, then, the real answer is "just exit from the main thread"?

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119
Skype: holdenweb     http://del.icio.us/steve.holden