RSS feed parser

irstas at gmail.com irstas at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 12:37:54 EDT 2007

On Apr 2, 7:22 pm, Florian Lindner <Florian.Lind... at xgm.de> wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm looking for python RSS feed parser library. Feedparserhttp://feedparser.org/does not seem to maintained anymore.
>
> What alternatives are recommendable?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Florian

Well, even if it's not maintained anymore (where does it say that?),
it works fine and the API is great. Although of course I do realize
that when a new version of RSS appears, feedparser won't be able to
support it unless someone updates it. But RSS 2.0 appeared already in
2002 and no new versions have come since. So I wouldn't worry too much
about new RSSs popping up every month. Maybe the feedparser code
hasn't been updated in a while because it's already perfect and
there's nothing to add to it?-)