how to pickle objects for database storage?

Bruno Desthuilliers bdesth.quelquechose at free.quelquepart.fr
Wed Apr 11 15:00:57 EDT 2007

krishnakant Mane a écrit :
> hello,
> I have a strange but very interesting requirement?
> provided that a database can provide for an object data type like
> binary large object (blob), can I store a pickeled python object in
> it?

Certainly, but that's one of the dumbest things to do IMHO. If you use a
relational DBMS, you'd better use it properly (FWIW, there's a pretty
good Python abstraction layer/ORM named SQLAlchemy). And if you don't
want a RDBMS, then there are good Python OODBMS (Zope and Durus to name
the most famous ones).

My 2 cents...