No subject

C.L. kaoruangel at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 02:46:57 EDT 2007

James Stroud <jstroud <at> mbi.ucla.edu> writes:

> C.L. wrote:
> > I was looking for a function or method that would return the index to the
> > first matching element in a list. ...
> > ... __please don't be overly defensive__ ...
>
> The amount of typing wasted to defend design decisions such as this can
> boggle one's mind. Just use lists unless you have on overwhelming reason
> to do otherwise.
>
> James

Read the quote. I *am* using a list.

That doesn't change the fact that this is unfriendly design. It's an ugly
inconsistent chunk of a Python's past in which built-in types didn't behave like
objects. It sticks out like a sore thumb, maybe just not very often.

Oh, and thanks for the insulting tone of your anticipated response. Have you
anything better to do with your time than wasting bytes writing empty responses
to what you already deem a waste of typing?

*sighs* just what I expected: another idle troll defending something just for
the sake of defending it. On the other hand, thanks 7stud, for the truly helpful
response.