Flat DB seeking speed

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sun Apr 22 12:18:27 EDT 2007

In article <1177216068.518970.29470 at o5g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,
Jia Lu  <Roka100 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I see there are lots of flat db or db-like modules in the standard
>python modules.
> What about the keywords seeking speed of them ?
>
> (I want to put about 10000 articles with 10000 IDs, and I can do
>searching keywords with them)
>
> The db-like modules are :
> dbm, gdbm, dbhash,anydbm,
> pickle(cPickle), shelve, marshal

Another option would be to use a real database, such as SQLite.  Then you
could easily create an inverted index with your keywords.  This is a good
alternative to full-text indexing when you otherwise want DB capabilities
(such as for storing other information with your articles).

Help a hearing-impaired person: http://rule6.info/hearing.html