Why NOT only one class per file?

Bruno Desthuilliers bdesth.quelquechose at free.quelquepart.fr
Thu Apr 5 20:10:32 EDT 2007

Sherm Pendley a écrit :
> Bruno Desthuilliers <bdesth.quelquechose at free.quelquepart.fr> writes:
>

>>Sherm Pendley a écrit :
>>
>>In my book, it's huge classes and methods that are usually a smell of
>>a design problem.
>

> Obviously we're reading different books.

Obviously. But I didn't gain this knowledge from books.

FWIW, I'd be interested if you'd let us know about any book pretending
that monster classes are good design !-)

> But that's OK - I'm not on a crusade to convince everyone to work my way.
> If "one class per file" doesn't work well for you, don't write that way.
> All I'm saying is, what works well for you isn't necessarily what works
> well for everyone.

It seems that it works well for almost anyone having some real-world
experience with languages like Python. Experience with C++, Java,
ObjectPascal, (insert your favorite verbose low-level language here) may
not apply here.