how to build a forum?

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Wed Apr 4 07:43:39 EDT 2007

kath wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I am planning to build a web portal, which is mainly a discussion
> forum for our corporate environment. I want to implement it with
> Python. Because this project is very new to me and I have no idea
> about how to go about this. I searched in google for getting some tuts/
> guidelines about this but ended up in getting tuts for building
> website.
>
> I would like to know some useful links to learn or some usefull
> guidelines.
>
> I would appreciate your help,
> Thanks in advance,

Without wishing to dampen your enthusiasm, it seems like you are putting
the cart before the horse here if the goal is "build a web portal".
Could it be that the real goal is to learn Python, and the web portal is
a vehicle for that?

If not then you should use one of many already-extant web portals (you
could surely find one written in Python if necessary) rather than
developing one from scratch? Nuxeo comes to mind, but they've now
switched from Python to Java ...

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119
Skype: holdenweb     http://del.icio.us/steve.holden