How to tell when a file is opened

Adam adamgarstang at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 7 16:57:53 EDT 2007

On Apr 7, 8:02 pm, "Gabriel Genellina" <gagsl-... at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
> Adam wrote:
>
> You may look into some tools like FileMon and Process Monitor fromwww.sysinternals.com;I think that doing the processing in Python
> would slow down your system a lot (or not, just try!)
>
> --
> Gabriel Genellina

You see I was mainly hoping that python would not be doing the
processing per se. More that, as Tim put it, it would hook itself into
whatever monitors the shares to see when files are open and dump that
info somewhere (like a database or xml) then at a set time (at night
for example) Python would take that information collect it into
historical logs and update a web page with recent stats.

Obviously I have to check that the most vital part is even possible or
at least within my limit programming knowledge (which is why I ask
here.)

Adam