Append data to a list within a dict

Tina I tinaweb at bestemselv.com
Sun Apr 15 02:56:53 EDT 2007

Alex Martelli wrote:
> Tina I <tinaweb at bestemselv.com> wrote:
>> He he... at the age of 40 I'm well beyond school work ;)
>
> Why would that be?  My wife's over 40, yet she's a student (currently at
> Stanford -- they were overjoyed to admit her, with lot of life
> experience as well as previous studies, apparently).  She's not taking
> elementary courses on Python (having co-written a book on Python,
> tech-reviewed a few, and having been the first woman coopted as a member
> of the PSF:-), but she _has_ been taken equivalent ones on Java and C++
> (languages she didn't previously know), as well as calculus,
> neurophysiology, and other strange things that are part of the "Symbolic
> Systems" studies.
>
> Down with ageism!-)
>

> Alex

It's not really ageism, just how I feel *my self* about going back to
school. I'm not done learning though, it's just that I can give my self
the luxury of learning whatever I want, just what I want at the pace
that I want. And since I happen to like computers that's mostly what I
concentrate about. Right now I'm hooked on Python, but also messing
about with PHP and Javascript. Tried some Java but didn't like it...
Threw out Windows a couple of years ago and have spent quite some time
learning the ins and outs of Linux.

So even if I probably will never go back to school I'm looking forward
to many many years learning new and exciting things :)

Tina
(Sorry for the way OT post. I just couldn't stop my own ramble ;)