python - dll access (ctypes or swig)

Daniel Watrous dwmaillist at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 14:11:56 EDT 2007

Hello,

I am interested in using python to script access to some hardware for
which there are existing drivers in the form of DLLs.  The DLLs each
have four exported functions and a host of COM Properties and COM
Methods.  The four exported functions are as follows:
DllCanUnloadNow
DllGetClassObject
DllRegisterServer
DllUnregisterServer

The COM methods and properties all begin with I, followed by a unique name.

I am able to load the DLL using ctypes and it can access the exported
functions, but I'm not sure how to access the COM methods and
properties.  I have read that ctypes once had support for COM but that
it has since been separated into its own project.  I couldn't find any
information about how these work together.

All help is appreciated.  THANKS in advance...

Daniel