saving Python process state for later debugging

yossi.kreinin at gmail.com yossi.kreinin at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 03:39:49 EDT 2007

On Apr 1, 2:07 am, "aspineux" <aspin... at gmail.com> wrote:

> Pylon has something like that.http://pylonshq.com/docs/0.9.4.1/interactive_debugger.html
>
> Turbogears has the same with option tg.fancy_exception

I could get it wrong, but these things seem to be about debugging
crashed processes "online", not saving snapshots to files for later
inspection. Can you e-mail a process snapshot to a different machine
with them, for example? I understood that you are supposed to debug
the original process, which is kept alive, via the web. I'm talking
about a situation where you have a Python program deployed to a user
who is not running a web server, and have the user send you a snapshot
as a bug report.

-- Yossi