Python and Javascript equivalence

Sam the Cat sam_spam_cat at verizon.net
Mon Apr 23 18:13:18 EDT 2007

>> I am writing some COM code in Python to control photoshop.  Several
>> functions of PS require an "Array" argument.  In the examples of VBscript
>> or javascript the Array type is used.  I have tried what would appear to
>> be the equivalent in Python -- Lists and Tuples -- but to no avail.
>> Anyone have any insight  on what via the COM interface is equivalent to
>> an Array in javascript ?
>>

> The nest way to approach an answer to your question would be for you to
> post a VB snippet from one of the examples together with your attempt to
> do the same thing in Python plus the error traceback (or other such
> messages as you may see) generated when your attempts fails.
>
> Otherwise the question is just a bit too broad to give an answer.
>
> regards
>  Steve
> --

Here is the Javascript example code

selRegion  = Array(Array(1,1),Array(1,2),Array(2,2),Array(2,1))
Doc.Selection.Select(selRegion,1,0,0)

Here is my interpretation in Python

selregion = [(1,1),(1,2),(2,2),(2,1)]
print selregion
doc.Selection.Select(selregion,1,0,0)

Here is the error code generated

F:\automation>test2.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "F:\automation\test2.py", line 19, in ?
    doc.Selection.Select(selregion,1,0,0)
  File "<COMObject <unknown>>", line 3, in Select
pywintypes.com_error: (-2147352567, 'Exception occurred.', (0, 'Adobe
Photoshop', 'Illegal argument - argument 1\n- Only arrays with dimension 1
are supported', None, 0, -2147220262), None)