Where's the source code for __builtin__?

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Tue Apr 24 22:31:13 EDT 2007

John Machin <sjmachin at lexicon.net> writes:

> On 25/04/2007 9:32 AM, Dustan wrote:
> > I've been paging through the source code for various C modules in
> > python, and wanted to find the source of some of the builtin
> > functions.
>
> What's the 2nd file (in alphabetical order) in the Python folder?

What is "the Python folder"?

Assuming you mean "the folder for the Python standard library
modules":

    $ ls -1 /usr/lib/python2.4/ | head -n 10
    aifc.py
    aifc.pyc
    anydbm.py
    anydbm.pyc
    asynchat.py
    asynchat.pyc
    asyncore.py
    asyncore.pyc
    atexit.py
    atexit.pyc

There are no files in that folder with 'builtin' in their name. I'm
don't know what point you're driving at.

--
 \           "Oh, I love your magazine. My favorite section is 'How To |
  `\          Increase Your Word Power'. That thing is really, really, |