Python not giving free memory back to the os get's me in real problems ...

TimC leuchte at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 15:12:48 EDT 2007

Donald 'Paddy' McCarthy <paddy3118 at netscape.net> wrote

> Could you split the program into one handling the outer loop and
> calling another program, with data transfer, to handle the inner
> loops?
>
> - Paddy.

I'm afraid this isn't possible, because the python macro is called
and started from within our commercial tool which leads to the
cirumstance that this tool eats up more and more memory.

Due to the fact that there is no way we can start the tool via
commandline giving an argument that tells the tool it has to
start macroXY.py after startup I don't see a way to lower the
memory usage by splitting it up in two loops.

thanks for all your help so far,
tim