Problems with os.spawnv

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Apr 5 18:09:05 EDT 2007

En Thu, 05 Apr 2007 18:53:04 -0300, Henrik Lied <henriklied at gmail.com>
escribió:

> On Apr 5, 11:39 pm, "Gabriel Genellina" <gagsl-... at yahoo.com.ar>
> wrote:

>>      v = os.spawnl(os.P_NOWAIT, "mencoder", "mencoder",
>> "/Users/henriklied/test.mov", "-ofps", "25", "-o", "...")
>>
> Thanks for your reply - but I'm afraid to tell you that spawnl didn't
> do the trick either.
> Here's the full command I used: http://dpaste.com/hold/7982/

What means "didnt do the trick"? Do you get an exception? what's the
returned value?
Does the command work OK from the console?
Try from the python interpreter, using P_WAIT, and inspect the returned
value.

> I'd still love to get a working example of my problem using the
> Subprocess module. :-)

The same thing:
p = subprocess.Popen(["mencoder", "/users/...", "-ofps", ...])

--
Gabriel Genellina