PythonD 2.4.2 for older Windows / DOS / DJGPP

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Thu Apr 19 21:58:26 EDT 2007

caddit wrote:
> Steve Holden wrote:
>
>> caddit wrote:
>>> Hello.
>>>
>>> There has been some confusion as to the current version of the python
>>> programming language available for DOS.
>>>
>>> This is partially due to incorrect information kept on python.org, that
>>> says "python2.2.1 available for DOS". The actual version is currently
>>> 2.4.2.
>>>
>>> I am also happy to announce that a second release of PythonD.
>>> Additionally, there are many fine module libraries hat have been made
>>> available including Python-opengl and curses.
>>>
>>> The URL for PythonD has moved.
>>> It is now http://www.caddit.net/pythond
>>>
>>> not that this is NOT the same as http://www.caddit.net/pythond.php, which
>>> it was formerly. Please update your bookmarks. It would also be nice if
>>> someone else could raise a ticket to have python.org website updated.
>>>
>> Submitted as
>>
>>    http://pydotorg.python.org/pydotorg/ticket/423
>>
>> Please note: it would have been helpful if you'd given the URL of the
>> offending page! There is a "report website bug" link on each page of the
>> python.org web site, though at present you have to email someone to get
>> posting privileges (this is an anti-spam measure).
>>
>> regards
>>   Steve
>

> Thanks for this Steve.
>
> I notice the ticket is already closed. When should I see the changes appear?

Dashed if I know - there must be a bug in the build system, normally
changes appear within an hour of being made. Real soon now?

I'm copying Andrew Kuchling, who made the changes, on this. He may be
able to shed more light on the matter. Probably it will just happen.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119
Skype: holdenweb     http://del.icio.us/steve.holden