snippet manager idea

frankatle at gmail.com frankatle at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 10:41:32 EDT 2007

Hi.
I am writing a opensource code snippet manager in python (pyqt4).
The idea is that users can upload their snippets to remote subversion
server, (if they choose) and add comments to existing snippets, vote
for snippet deletion, add flags to snippets: (tested, working, not
working... etc)
The snippets are stored locally in a sqlite3 database.

So far i have a working application that use a small Soap client/
server to upload snippets to a remote server. The client sends a dict
to the server, the server writes the dict as a text file and adds it
to the svn server. On the client a local svn repo is downloaded and
parsed into the database.
The client Ui has syntaxhighlighting(only cplusplus and python at the
moment), an "add snippet form", treewidget for snippet listing.

My personal conserns are:

     individual snippet licensing

I was wondering if anyone could comment on this idea. And perhaps come
with some ideas.