Python not giving free memory back to the os get's me in real problems ...

TimC leuchte at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 11:04:59 EDT 2007

Larry Bates <larry.bates at websafe.com> wrote:

> Let's see for this I need to get out my crystal ball...
>
> If it is a commercial application, you should contact their tech
> support for a solution.  The problem isn't specifically a Python
> problem but rather an implementation problem with their app.
>
> -Larry

Well one part of the problem maybe really is on the side of this
tool. Because the implementation of the macro functionality is
really crappy. But unfortunately there are no competitive-product
we could switch too, so we have to live with this poor environment.

But I don't think that the WHOLE problem lies inside this tool.
Because I read

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2005-January/051255.html
and
http://evanjones.ca/python-memory.html

Sadly we can't switch from Python 2.4 to 2.5 because this stupid
macro functionality only supports 2.4.x

I really know that all this is not the best setup to get happy with
but there really is no other setup available.

So I'm happy for every input all of you can give me.

greetings,
tim